WB Epoxy Color - Pigmented Water-Based Epoxy Primer Coating
WB Epoxy Color dries quickly (60 – 120 minutes) and can be used as an intermediate coating or as a standalone sealer. WB Epoxy Color contains a unique "lacquer dry" (dust free) cure allowing it to be recoated quickly. It has a long working time (3 hours) which allows larger batches to be mixed. WB Epoxy Color cleans up easily with soap and water from hands and tools.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Long working time of 3 hours and quick dry to touch
- Can be applied by roller, brush, squeegee or airless spray
- Can be applied over damp surfaces
- Easy to use
- Economical coating
- Light odor system
- As a sealer - WB Epoxy Color is used as a cost effective topcoat sealer for concrete floors and walls providing a durable, easy to clean surface and is also used as an economical sealer on residential and commercial garage floors, warehouse floors, parking garages, commercial kitchens and bathrooms, hospital floors and many other applications. Apply two coats of WB Epoxy Color at 300 – 400 sq. ft. per gallon each coat.
- As an intermediate coat - For broadcasting Concrete Solutions Color Flakes, after Concrete Solutions Epoxy 200 is used as a primer, WB Epoxy Color can be used as an intermediate coat to broadcast flakes into, especially on interior color flake applications where a low odor system is required. For applications that need UV stability, Concrete Solutions Urethanes are recommended. [See the Color Flake Application Instruction booklet with step by step pictures for more information.]
|Specific Weight, lb/gal||9.0 (Part A - resin)
13.0 (Part B - hardener)
|Mixed Viscosity, cps||2400 – 2900|
|Solids by Volume||78.7%|
|Volatile Organic Compounds||0.63 lb/gal (75 g/l)|
|Mix Ratio by Volume||1A (resin) : 1B (hardener)|
|Pot Life||3 hrs|
|Recoat, min / max||4 – 6 hrs / 18 – 24 hrs|
|Tack-free||1 – 2 hrs|
|Walk on Time (light foot traffic)||8 – 10 hrs (dependent on temp. & humidity)|
|Return to Service Time (vehicle traffic)||72 hrs|
|Full Cure||7 days|
|Coverage Rate per Gallon||300 – 400 sqft at 2 – 3 mils DFT|
|Recommended Temperature Application||≥50°F (10°C)|
|Color||standard colors, black and white|
|Shelf Life - Unopened Containers||12 months|
|Adhesion: Crosshatch||ASTM D-3363||5|
|Hardness: Pencil (7 days)||ASTM D-3363||H|
|Direct Impact Resistance (lbs)||ASTM D-2794||60|
|Reverse Impact Resistance (lbs)||ASTM D-2794||20|
|Mandrel Bend, 1/4 inch mandrel||ASTM D-522||Pass|
The mixing ratio of WB Epoxy Color is 1 part A (resin) to 1 part B (hardener) except for black which is 4 parts A (resin) to 1 part B (hardener). Mix each component separately. Check the batch number on Part B (hardener) containers. If the batch numbers are not all the same, then mix all containers of Part B together prior to achieve a uniform color. Mix part A and B together (only the amount that can be used within 2 hours) using a low speed drill motor and mixing paddle for 3 – 5 minutes scraping the sides and bottom of the container.
IMPORTANT: Allow the mixed material to sit for 10 – 15 minutes induction time prior to application. DO NOT use mixed material beyond 3 hours from the mixing time even though the WB Epoxy Color appears unchanged.
WB Epoxy Color can be applied by roller, brush or squeegee. When using a squeegee it is best to follow immediately behind with a 1/4" – 3/8" nap paint roller to even out any squeegee marks. Keep a wet edge and do not roll into an area once it has begun to set up to avoid color differences. Apply thin to achieve a coverage rate of approximately 300 – 400 sq. ft. per gallon. Allow to dry 4 – 6 hours before applying a second coat. The second coat should be undiluted to achieve the best results. WB Epoxy Color may also be applied with airless spray equipment. When spraying, mask off walls and surrounding areas with plastic to avoid over spray. Have adequate ventilation and wear the proper respirator.