DuraTite® 2.0 is a closed cell, 245fa blown spray polyurethane foam insulation with a density of 2.0 lbs that can be used in walls, ceilings, roofdecks of residential and commercial buidings. It is Class I fire rated and ICC Rated. DuraTite 2.0 also is GREENGUARD and GREENGUARD Gold certified for Indoor Air Quality.
Spray foam products expand upon application and form a sealed thermal envelope that will not sag, settle or deteriorate over time. The best thing you can do for your property is build it tight with spray foam insulation and properly ventilate the structure.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- DuraTite 2.0 seals and insulates in one step
- Sealed thermal envelope helps you reduce your heating and cooling costs
- Integrates 3% bio-based content and 3% pre-consumer recycled content
- Can save up to 50% on heating and cooling costs when used with other responsible building practices
- Applied using a 245fa, zero ozone depleting, blowing agent
- Adheres to virtually any surface
- Great for insulating hard-to-reach areas
- Installed by approved contractors
- GREENGUARD and GREENGUARD Gold certified for Indoor Air Quality
- ESR 3556
DOES SPRAY FOAM INSULATION COST MORE?
When compared to traditional insulations like fiberglass or cellulose, spray foam insulation does cost more upfront, but remember:
- With spray foam you are getting an insulator and an air barrier in one product. That difference will save you money each month by decreasing heating and cooling costs.
- Because the energy demand on your home is lower, a smaller, more economical heating and cooling system can usually be installed.
- Many times you can reduce or eliminate the use of other building materials when you use foam, such as soffit vents, ridge vents, attic ventilation fans, radiant barriers or vapor retarders.
- You can usually finance the cost difference as part of your mortgage, so the increase to your overall monthly mortgage payment will be relatively minimal.
- Many times the energy savings from spray foam can help you qualify for an Energy Efficient Mortgage which can save you money.
For a complete list of the product's physical properties and test methods, please download a copy of the technical data sheet.
|Density:||2.0 ± 0.2 (32 kg/m3)|
|Tensile Strength:||22 psi|
|Compressive Strength:||20 psi|
|Water Vapor Permeability* [Perm] 1.5" (38 mm):||<1|
|Air Leakage** [L/s/m2 @ 75 Pa]:||<0.002|
|Dimensional Stability Finished Foam Bio-Content:||3%|
|Finished Foam Pre-Consumer Recycled Content:||3%|
|Fire Rating: 4" Sample (102 mm) Class I:||Flame Spread Index <25
Smoke Development Index <450
NOT RECOMMENDED FOR
- Climates where there are equal number of heating and cooling days. DuraTite 2.0 is a vapor retarder, so it's best used in areas where vapor drive needs to be controlled.
- Closed wall cavity retrofit applications