TuffGrip® is the most versatile coating formulation of Rhino. Its spray-on polyurethane - aliphatic elastomer formulation provides improved toughness and color stability, while retaining the non-skid grip that made Rhino Linings products legendary. It is available in 2:1 and 1:1 ratio formulations and may be applied with low or high-pressure equipment.
TuffGrip has a Shore A 88 (ASTM D224) hardness with a 250% (ASTM D412) elongation rating. It has excellent impact, abrasion and corrosion resistance, and provides a high level of skid resistance, sound deadening, and vibration absorption. Its formulation is extremely flexible while maintaining its integrity under repeated flexing, regardless of film thickness.
TUFFGRIP FORMULATION PROPERTIES
- Excellent for abrasion and impact resistance
- Excellent for weather & corrosion protection
- Excellent for casting material
- Excellent for slip resistance
- Very Good for slip resistance
- Good for chemical & impact resistance
- Good for noise reduction
TYPICAL TUFFGRIP APPLICATIONS
- Skid resistant truck beds
- Truck Lift gates
- Aggressive non-slip performance applications
- Flooring, walkways and stairs
- Commercial trucks and cargo trailers
- Military tanks and vehicles
- Explosive detonation chambers
- Sound deadening applications
- Vibration absorption applications
- Casting material for material handling eq. (chutes, hoppers, rollers)
Q: What is TuffGrip's chemical makeup?
TuffGrip is a polyurethane chemistry. It is available in 2 ratio formulations. TuffGrip is two parts isocyanate and one part resin, and TuffGrip 11-55 is one part isocyanate and one part resin.
Q: What are the top three physical resistance attributes of TuffGrip?
The top three physical attributes of TuffGrip are:
Q: What are the top three recommended uses of TuffGrip?
The top three recommended uses for TuffGrip are:
- Floors, walkways and stairs
- Lift gates, trailers and material handling equipment
- Sound deadening and vibration absorption applications
Q: What is TuffGrip NOT recommended for?
TuffGrip is NOT recommended for:
- Sustained temperatures below -40 F (-40 C) or above 175 F (79.4 C)
- Application to high density polyethylene or thermo plastics
- Immersion service
Q: What substrates does TuffGrip work on?
TuffGrip is ideal for:
Q: What is the thickness range for TuffGrip?
TuffGrip’s dry film thickness range varies based on the application, but typically is used at a minimum of 1/8” (125 mils; 3mm) up to unlimited thickness.
Q: What colors does TuffGrip come in?
TuffGrip's standard colors are: black, indigo blue, graphite, emerald green and flame red.
TuffGrip is available in custom colors by special order.
Q: Can TuffGrip be sprayed with both high-pressure and low-pressure equipment?
TuffGrip can be applied with either low or high-pressure equipment.
Q: Is TuffGrip environmentally friendly?
- TuffGrip is 100% solids by weight and volume
- TuffGrip contains NO solvents, NO VOCs and NO CFCs
Q: What are TuffGrip's dry and cure times?
TuffGrip is tacky with 10 seconds of application and fully dry and available for unrestricted use in 24 hours or less.
Q: What are the physical properties for TuffGrip?
TuffGrip's physical properties are:
- Hardness (Shore A) 88A +5 ASTM D02240
- Tensile Strength (psi) 1300-1500 ASTM D-412
- Elongation (%) 250-300 ASTM D412
- Compression Strength (psi) 800 ASTM D-695-96